Friday, May 02, 2003

Phoenix Rising

No this isn't about Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix (but when I get my hands on it, you can be sure I'll post something on it).

This is about X2, and I must say that it is an awesome sequel. Go see it. Come back and continue reading. Well? Go on - I'm patient.

Back? I loved the fact that Jean Grey showed hints of the Pheonix manifesting itself. The SFX were awesome, and the story was great. A MUST own on DVD when it comes out.

In other news, the great Widescreen/Full-screen debate rages on. My friend Phil is adamant about watching a movie fullscreen. Now if you have a small TV, I can understand that widescreen won't look good (it's too small), but if you have a DVD player, you owe it to yourself to get a movie widescreen. First, you get the movie as it was originally intended when you watch it wide-screen. And second, the black bars are on top and bottom, but if you get a Widecreen TV and your DVD player supports it (most nowadyds do), the picture will fill that whole screen. POOF! No more black bars. You might have to put up with them now, but later on you won't have to worry about it.

No comments: