Sunday, February 12, 2006

Scrabble!

Too cool!  Turns out that there is a local chapter of the National Scrabble Association, right here in Auburn!

There was a meeting tonight, although it was just myself and lady who runs the chapter.  It’s snowing like crazy, but since it was over at the Auburn PD, it was easy to get to.

I’m going to join the NSA tomorrow, because there is a tournament in April down in Boston, that I’m going to try to attend.  The Scrabble for Literacy is being held at the Hilton in April, and I’m also hoping to get some people from work involved – I’d like to see us have 2 or 3 teams play this year.

I’m just stoked that there is organized play in the area.  The NSA has also added 5 new two letter words to the play list, with 2 in particular that will change the face of the game.

QI and QIS n. the vital force that in Chinese is thought is inherent in all things. – and
ZA and ZAS n. a pizza

These two words alone will make thousands of play possibilities in game.  The only 2 letters that DO NOT have a 2-letter play in them are C and V.  I can’t wait until I can play some more games.  They meet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month, so I’ll have to only play D&D every other week. But that’s OK, I’m going to have a blast playing Scrabble for a while.

No comments: