Saturday, June 03, 2006

Avatar - and of course, Scrabble

I have a couple things to share.

First, I’ve never been a huge fan of Nickelodeon Studios animation. I liked Hey Arnold and Rocko’s Modern Life, but that’s about it.

Until today.

I saw “Avatar: The Last Airbender” today, and I have to say – WOW. This is the BEST stuff to come out of Nick Studios in years.

It’s the story of a young man name Aang that has the power to manipulate air. Think Captain Planet and the Planeteers, but without the rings or tree-hugging message.

The animation is not true anime (the animation is done stateside), but it looks like it come out of Japan. It’s very similar to the style from Kiki’s Delivery Service, and it looks fantastic. The plot is very mature (not sexually, but more so in an adolescent nature), especially considering it’s Nick fare, and the voice acting is great.

Second – I’m a word freak.

Anyone who reads this blog knows that I love to play Scrabble. And now I’ve gone as far to create an Excel spreadsheet with to help with board layouts, score sheet, tile tracking AND a column to write notes during a game.

No comments: