Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm impressed

Uncle Sam actually gave me $600!

The last "Economic Stimulus Package" the government put out, I got about $200 bucks - the norm was about $500. So I was not expecting any more than $300 to show up in my account.

But on Monday I was pleasantly surprised when $600 was present in my checking account.

So I did what Uncle Sam wanted me to do - spend it.

I bought 12 new work shirts ($140), 3 new pairs of pants ($60), A Bluetooth iPod Transmitter ($80), Bluetooth Headphones ($50), an iPod Charger ($25), 3 movies a couple comic books and a nice dinner for my co-workers. And I still have money left over, which is good, because I'm going to see Narnia this weekend and Indy 4 next weekend.

And Speed Racer was great - incredible special effects, and a decent story. Acting was kind of wooden (but then again so was the anime it was based on), but John Goodman made up for it. 8.5/10 from me.

No comments: