Tuesday, March 09, 2004

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog

I'm back in Maine.

I had a great vacation, but it was too short. It did finally clear up - it was sunny and warm for 10 days, and I'll take that any day. I ended up buying at least 20 books, 8 DVD's, and some clothes. I had a helluva time getting them back to Maine, but I managed fine.

And I am so glad that "Return of the King" got it's dues at the Oscar's. It's about time that the Academy realized that a story can be carried by Elves, Hobbits, and Dwarves. I think John-Rhys Davies said it best - The Lord of the Rings has opened up cinematic possibilities that couldn't be fathomed 4 years ago. Kudos to Peter Jackson and the crew for bringing us one of the most memorable epics to life. I honestly believe that Movies in General will have a lot to live up to, now that the Trilogy is complete. Even if it didn't win Best Picture, I think that it will be untouched for quite a while.

Now I understand that Return of the King - Extended Version will be released in July. What a great birthday present that will be.



No comments: