Saturday, August 19, 2006

HERE'S A MUPPET NEWSFLASH!

Well, a lot has been happening lately.

FINALLY joined the NSA – National Scrabble Association. I’m currently ranked 2458th in the US.

Beat my Club Director Sharon in a standard game! Last Sunday, I finished with 2 wins – 1 loss, and I bingoed twice in each game. And the last game was my highest scoring club game ever – 397 points.

Chuck and I joined up over at Planet Fitness. We’ve been going 3 nights a week, using the treadmills, weight equipment and trying to get back into shape. Amazingly, I can leg press 160 pounds, lateral pull 90 and work up a really good sweat. My arms are killing me tonight, but I have to keep reminding myself that it’ll all be worth it in the long run.

Charlotte is finally completely moved into her new apartment. It took 2 weeks (and MANY trips in my car) but it’s done. And as a thank you, she gave me Trivial Pursuit – The Vintage Years. Another TP game to add to my growing collection.

Vacation in 6 days! Taking a week off, and an extra day because of Labor Day, so I’m really looking forward to it.

I’m hoping to pay ahead on my rent for the next 8 weeks, so I can save up some money for a trip to Massachusetts. I can pay 297 every two weeks, and I’ll be golden.

Finally picked up MacGyver Season 2, 9 Samurai Movies, the complete Victory at Sea documentaries, Superman, and Eddie Murphy’s Raw. Lotsa viewing.

So far so good – I hope to update this more regularly, so stay tuned.

No comments: