Thursday, August 07, 2003

God I Hate Windows

I hate it with a passion.

I got hit with a nasty virus a few days ago. "No problem", I said to myself. "I'll just have to reinstall Windows ME."

Hehe.. little did I know. I ended up have to FDISK my C: Drive. For those of you who don't know what FDISK is, it's an old utility that allow you to delete, create and fomrat partitions on your hard drives.

So I move all my important stuff from my C: drive to my 80GB hard drive. Plenty of room and it's safe... or so I thought.

Turns out that when you re-install Windows from the Dell disk, it AUTOMATICALLY formats ALL Hard Drive that are detected on the computer. You guessed it. My 80GB drive was wiped as well. So basically ALL my MP3's are gone (the majority of them ripped from my personal CD collection, roughly 200 CD's) tons of pictures, all my video capture, and 10 hours of Audio capture from some audio tapes that I'm converting into CD's and MP3 files.

Some of the stuff was irreplacible, and some very very hard to find.

But I learned my lesson. Chalk it up to experience and PRAY that I don't make the same mistake twice....

Damn Windows....

No comments: