Sunday, January 15, 2006

I have love/hate relationship with Winter...

I do love winter.  Don’t get me wrong.  But there is something serenely peaceful about winter.  Sounds are muffled, so when you are walking around in a city, it sounds like you are the only one there.  I love to watch snow falling.  It’s very claming to the nerves and to the soul…

But on the other hand, I hate winter.  I can really get TOO cold (like today).  I hate the ice that forms on my windshield – especially the ultra thin ice that take forever to scrape off.  I hate having to wait 15 minutes before moving you car.

And I also hate ice.  Mostly black ice.  I was taking some laundry to a friend house, and while I was walking to their door, I didn’t realize that there was ice completely covering their driveway – at least not until I slipped, saw my feet in front of me and then landed with full force on my left arm. So right now, I’m in a bit of pain, but nothing some ibuprofen can’t fix…

No comments: