Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My Eyes Hurt..

Seriously.

My eyes have been getting steadily worse since I was 8 years old. I've worn glasses pretty much every waking moment of my life. And I have no problem with that. My glasses are part of who I am, part of my personality.

But recently, my eyes have started to hurt. Not just fatigue (an I get eye fatigue often), but shooting pains in what feels like the backs of my eyeballs. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and stepping on a tack or stubbing your toe. It feels NOTHING like that.

It's almost as if someone is taking the backs of my eyeballs and clamping down on them with vise grips. Yeah it's bad.

It doesn't help that when my eyes feel this way, I'm extremely light-sensitive. It was painful working today today at the bank, looking at my monitor and staring at paper all day.

As soon as income tax rolls around, I'm gonna have to get a new prescription anyway, so hopefully I'll be able to get a reference for an ophthalmologist that's local. And pray that my insurance covers any exams.

No comments: