Sunday, December 30, 2007

What do I listen to? Podcasts...

Podcasts aren't new - in fact they've been around for about 3-4 years. I listen to my fair share - and here's the list of what I listen to on a weekly basis.

1) TWiT - This week in Tech - Hosted by Leo Laporte and a motley crew of pundits (like John C. Dvorak dvorak.org/blog). A weekly dive into the plethora of tech news.

2) MacBreak Weekly - Again hosted by Leo Laporte, this podcast is all about (GASP) Mac's and everything Apple. Now why, do you ask, do I listen to a Mac podcast when I'm a PC user? Because computing has gotten to the point that it really doesn't matter if you are a Mac or PC user. I like to keep up on what's happening in the Mac world, and this podcast is a fun way of doing it.

3) The Instance - It's the World of Warcraft podcast, so I don't have to. They've been going strong for quite a while - and they talk about pretty much EVERYTHING WoW related. From patch news, character builds, Addons, tips and tricks, and even a segment from a 10 year old talking about how to enjoy WoW as a kid. And excellent podcast for those who enjoy playing World of WarCraft\.

4) 1UP Yours - From the halls of Ziif Davis (the guys behind EGM) comes the show about console gaming that's NSFW (not safe for work). They swear quite a bit (definitely rated MA/AO by the ESRB), but it's always an informative and engrossing conversation about the state of the console side of gaming.

5) Retronauts - The gaming podcast for old people. For those who remember the days of the Atari 2600, NES, SNES, SMS days. For those who remember that gameplay is WAY more important than graphics. An awesome (albeit erratic) podcast about retro gaming.

And that's only half of what I listen to....

No comments: