Wednesday, December 17, 2008

in which I sign up for a social network

After my rant on the complete non-understanding of social networks sites like myspace and facebook... I signed up for facebook.

I know, I know... I said that this blog and the flickr account are the ONLY things I needed to stay in touch with the world.

But I realized that if I'm ever going to come out of the insular shell that I'm in socially, I'm gonna have to start SOMEWHERE.  I figure if I can find friends on facebook, then at least there some commonality to it.  I'm a very sociable guy, just not in traditionally sociable places.  I'm more likely to strike up conversation with someone at a bookstore than I am in a bar or club.  I don't drink and the bar/club scene has never been one that I've felt comfortable in.

Basically, I'm trying to say that if I'm ever going to make my way in the world, I have to be connected to world in more ways that I am now.

And I think that facebook is going to be a good start.

No comments: