Saturday, January 03, 2009

The agony of Yahoo!

Yahoo! to me is a mixed bag of technologies that may or may not work at any given time.

For instance, flickr is a great website that I've had absolutely no trouble with whatsoever.  It just simply works.

Messenger on the other hand...

I've been using Messenger 9 for about 4 months and I love it.  The ability to watch youtube video within a chat window is great, and I use Yahoo to keep in touch with my friends.  However...  For some odd reason, over the last couple days, I've been unable to view webcams.  ANY webcams.  It's simply just not letting me.  And it's very frustrating.

But if I uninstall YM 9 and re-install YM8.1, I get the ability to view webcams, but lose the other functionality of the newer version.

I don't know what I did that caused 9 to malfunction.  But if I ever find out, I'll be writing Yahoo and giving them a piece of my mind.

No comments: