Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Woot! I gots me a laptop!

And I got a nice one as well.

At first I was hoping to get a netbook - you know one of the small, ultra-portable ones that is just used for mail and web surfing.  But as I browsed the offerings at my local Best Buy, I noticed that there were not any that had more than 16GB of hard drive space - And I've seen them with at least 120 online.  Turns out that Best Buy doesn't stock the ones with more HD space.  So I started to look around for a different computer.

I found one for $500, which was $100 more that I wanted to spend, but It had features that I liked.  BUT, there weren't any in stock, and I was gonna walk out of there with a new laptop anyways.  So I asked if I could get the floor model.  They said maybe, and then told they could give that one to me, but at no discount.  And then they did something extraordinary.  The guy then said that he could look out back and see if he had anything comparable to the $500 model.  So he did.

And what a find I got.  An Acer laptop with Vista Home Premium, 2GB of RAM, 250 GB hard drive, DVD Drive, and wireless.  For $449.

Talk about a great buy.  Granted, not what I was planning to buy, but a great little computer nonetheless.

Now all I have to do is wipe the crapware off of it, install a few essentials, and I'm in business.

No comments: