Sunday, January 25, 2009

In which I finally get the laptop working

Well I finally got the laptop to the point where I want it.

I added a bunch of software to it, including (yes I’m gonna list them!)

Mozilla Thunderbird (I can now access my e-mail from everywhere)

RocketDock – a GREAT docking program similar to the OS X dock. Cleaned up my desktop so it looks great.

VLS Media Player – an excellent replacement video player, much better than WMP.

Winamp – of course

4 Console Emulators – For playing NES, SNES, Genesis, and Game Boy games – and they run perfectly on this laptop.

Windows Live Writer – which is what I’m using now to write this post

E-Tools and AD&D Core Rules 2.0 – for actually using this computer as a portable DM.

Quackle and Zyzzyva – Scrabble Programs for helping me get better at my game.

and OpenOffice 3.0 – so I can type regular documents.

I’m really loving this laptop.  I’ve finally got used to typing on it.  And now that I have e-mail access on it, it’ll be easier to communicate – which is really cool…

No comments: