Thursday, March 26, 2009

ups and downs

12:00 noon - Feeling a bit better today.

Part of it being that I actually got in touch with my sister, Sherry last night through Facebook.  Sherry is one of the few people in my family that I’ve talk to in the past, and I’m really looking forward to getting back in touch with her and getting to know her again.  She’s surprised that I’m 35.  “You’re Old!” – that’s a direct quote. :)

I’m hoping that this’ll help me get out of this awful funk I’ve been in over the past week.  I hate feeling depressed.  I hate acting depressed and getting other people down.  I hate the thoughts that run through my head when I’m down (they aren’t fun).  Like I said, this happens every now and then, which is odd.  For the most part, I’m a pretty positive guy.  I’m not a optimist by any stretch of the imagination (I consider myself a realist), but I try to either be positive or at least put on a good fake face if I’m not.

But lately I’ve felt that the fake face isn’t cutting it.  Not talking at work.  Not singing along with music.  Not laughing at George Carlin (hard to believe that last one). 

I’m positive that it isn’t a chronic condition – I usually pull out of these funks after a few days… but this one kinda feels different… which worries me.

So what do I do?  Medicate?  God I hope not.  I have enough meds to worry about, and taking “happy” pills doesn’t exactly appeal to me.  It would be just another expense that I don’t need to pay.  Do I ignore it?  I could, but that might not be the best course of action – although in the past that’s worked.

9:07 – feeling a lot better. Talked with Peaches, and getting ready for my goddaughter birthday pj party!  And just feeling good.  Which is better than I have been feeling…

No comments: