Tuesday, May 05, 2009

the reason

It’s not easy.

Even though I have numerous ways to post to this blog, I’m starting to find it difficult to find things to blog about.

I mean, I’m not a reporter, musician, celebrity, or politician. So I’m really limited to the things I know about – like video games, movies, books, comics, tv, RPG’s and World of Warcraft.  Granted this is a personal blog (I have no illusions of grandeur), but I was hoping to be a little more deep than just pop culture.

But then again, pop culture is what I know – and when you ask a writer “How do you figure out what to write about?” – I’d say 9 times out of 10, they’ll answer “Write what you know”.

So I’ve kinda come to terms with what I decide to put out there on the web for all to see – even if no one ever sees it.  This blog is autoposted to Facebook, so all my friends (all 42 of ‘em!) can see what’s on my mind – beyond the blurb that’s on the main page.  In fact my last post was probably one of my more introspective posts – I usually never talk about my personal/work life – but I think putting this stuff out there is very therapeutic.  Kinda like a psychiatrist without the weird questions and the lighter wallet.

Just the ability to vent, either about work or home life, is great.  I don’t vent to people face-to-face, only because I usually speak my mind, and end up putting my foot in my mouth.  And without any seasoning, it’s not a really pleasant taste.

So here, I can take my time, and take a deep breath before I put anything down on paper (so to speak).

So will this be an thoughtful, philosophical place where great minds meet and discuss world issues?  HELL NO. But I’ll occasionally be funny, thoughtful, mad-as-hell, and downright weird.  THAT I can guarantee.

No comments: