Sunday, October 19, 2008

ArkInventory - Why didn't I get this before?

Ok, I don't think I've ever posted this much about WoW before.  But with the recent patch, the headaches, and the cool stuff about it, I figure if I'm going to blog, I'll blog abut stuff that interests me.

ArkInventory is a incredibly cool add-on that basically allows you have and infinite number of bags at your disposal.  It doesn't give you extra bag slots (that is control by how many bags you carry and the amount of slots in each bag), but it does allow you to create inventory slots in a new panel based on your criteria.

For instance, I have a slot for Cloth/Leather, Potions, food, Ammo, quest items, and one for weapons and armor drops.  It takes your existing inventory slots and gives you a fully functional way to sort them in a way that's easy to manage.

And it's not just your personal inventory that can be sorted.  Your personal Bank slots and the guild bank can also be sorted in this fashion.  Another bonus is that if you open your Bank, it saves a copy of the contents.  So someone decides to ask me to craft something (like Grothen did yesterday), I don't have to travel all the way to a bank to see if I have the materials available to do it.  It pops up as a separate window, and I can see if I need to farm the materials, ask for them, or buy them off the auction house.

A really amazing add-on.

No comments: