Thursday, October 16, 2008

Trouble in Azeroth

With the latest patch (3.0.2.), Blizzard introduced many new features and classes, tons of new things to create, and new ways to manage our characters.

Sadly, it seems, they have been have a tremendous amount of difficulty getting it to work.  Considering it's the basic groundwork for WotLK coming next month, it needed to go smoothly.

It's been anything but.

Among the affected things are vanity pets and mounts.  I loaded up Gillrisper (my Level 70 Night Elf mohawk), and proceeded to put all my mounts (all 5 of them) and my vanity pets (all 6 of them) into the new Mounts/Companion window.  This allows you to carry an almost infinite number of mounts/pets in the game without taking up any of your valuable inventory slots as it used to.

The problem came when the server crashed.  It crashed, and when I logged back in, ALL my mounts and pets were gone. Not just a couple.  ALL of them.

So I opened a GM ticket and told them what happened.  Turns out it happened to a LOT of people.

That was 2 days ago.  I'm still mountless, and I'm really hoping they fix the bug before this weekend.  I'm not buying a mount to ride (I'm not wasting money) - I want my mounts!

Now I see a lot of people on the server blaming Blizzard.   Yes, they are partially to blame, but run the numbers.

They pushed a 1.2 GB patch (the largest in MMO history) to 11 MILLION players.  Everyone downloaded it, installed it, and then logged in and started doing new stuff.  I figure Bleeding Hollow was completely full 2 days ago - the servers crashed. All of them.  And Blizzard knows that they have a lot of fixing to do. 

So to all the people complaining to Blizzard - cut them some slack.  They are working as hard as they can to fix the problems.  The least we can do is show a little patience.  After all... it is just a game.

No comments: