Sunday, February 22, 2009

CTMod and keybindings

I use an awesome mod for World of Warcraft called CT Mod.

This mod allows me to have up to 9 extra Bars of my screen…  You know, I’ll be easier just to show you…

Flying over Dalaran

On the bottom left, are 6 rows of button that replaced 3 different mods.  I have all the buttons I use for game play, but the best thing about the mod is the ability to assign keybindings to specific icons. 

I for one have a few bindings that I use regardless which computer I’m on.  Every character’s Hearthstone is bound to my HOME button.  Easy to remember and very apropos.

My feign death for my hunter is bound to the “`” key.  Easy to reach with WASD keys.  My pet’s attack is bound to the Z key – which is normally used to Sheathe/Unsheathe your weapon (used mostly in the RP realms, I assume). Again, it’s easy to reach with the WASD keys, and is easy to remember.

Another great thing is that when you get daily quests that involve items (think Quel’Danas), you can have specific items bound to specific keys. Which is awesome.

No comments: