Sunday, February 22, 2009

I lost my hat

Which I found in the trunk of Chuck’s car.

I have this nasty habit of always forgetting at least ONE thing at my friend’s house or in their car. This week it was my hat.

Over Christmas, it was some clothes that I changed into.

But the ultimate “I lost…”  was when I thought I lost my keys.

Here’s how it went down.  I was over at Chuck and Heather’s, and at the end of the night, I grabbed the bag i brought with me that had snacks, work shoes, soda, etc. and I walked home.

When I get home, I go for my keys, and they were gone.  No where to be found.  And to top it all, it’s raining.  Ok at this point, I don’t have access to my phone (this was before I had a pre-paid cell).  So I walk over to Domino’s (where I worked at the time), and ask if I can get a lift over to Chuck and Heather’s to get my keys.  Luckily, there was a delivery going to the same building, so I hopped in the driver’s car and away we went.

So I get to Chuck’s place, and knock on the door, and ask them If I left my keys there.  Chuck says he didn’t think so, but I hear Heather go “Oh No.”

Oh No?  That’s not good.

“What do you mean ‘Oh No’"?”

“I put your keys in your shoes!”

In my shoes?  I open my bag, and inside my left shoe was my wallet, and in my right shoe…. were my keys.

She had taken my keys and wallet and put them in my shoes so I wouldn’t forget them.  And then forgot to tell me that she’d done it.

So basically, I walked all the way home with my keys on me – thinking I left them at my friend’s place.

So now whenever I misplace something at Chuck/Heather’s place, they always say..

“It’s in your shoe.”

No comments: