Saturday, February 07, 2009

in which something good and something bad happens….

Well a couple things happened this week.

First the bad.  What started out as a possible girlfriend ended in disaster.  Why anyone would go and post a profile on a dating website, and then say to me “I don’t think I have enough time to pursue a relationship” is beyond me.  It makes no sense to me.  So basically, I spent 2 weeks communicating with a woman, to basically get the “I-just-want-to-be-friends” speech.  Oh well.

Next the good.

I got my income tax return and got myself a brand new 32” HDTV.  I gave my old TV set to Chuck (after his TV broke during the move), and I needed a replacement.  And what a replacement it is. Gorgeous picture, incredible colors.

I also bought a new DVD player that has HDMI capabilities – It’s an awesome DVD player.

But even thought the TV and DVD player is incredible, the coolest gadget is the new Logitech Harmony 610 Remote.  This remote is a great piece technology.  You take the remote, load the software, and plug the remote into your computer via a USB cable.  Run the program, and the software asks you what make/model of TV, DVD, etc. you use.

The software then loads the remote with all the correct functionality for all the remotes that you have into one cohesive unit.  And it’s awesome.

No comments: