Saturday, November 22, 2003

Whew.

Here I am again...

1) My cat is weird. I was lying in my bed reading "The Soulforge" by Margaret Weiss - a fantastic look at the Dragonlance character Raistlin Majere, when for some reason, Pria walks on to my chest, plops down right in front of me. Go figure.

2) Ah... DVD's. I love the those littel disks that bring me so much entertainment. Enough entretainment to buy the first 3 seasons of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" from one of my friends. Well at least the First season so far. And I'll say one thing - if you are a Star Trek fan - and I'm not talking about the casual viewing like once even week or so, but a FAN - these sets are awesome. Commercial free, un-cut, subtitled (which is cool), and the first season set includes the "Star Trek The Next Generation Companion CD" It's a complete script library with episode summaries - ubercool.

3) I was reading Electronic Gaming Monthly's review of "Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike", and I came across an interesting quote. They basically said that LucasArts remastered some of the Original Trilogy footage for the game, and it's the closet thing to a DVD version of the Original Trilogy... until next fall. Do they know something that the public doesn't know? If so, tell us! I even searched the Star Wars website for info on this absolute gem of a news bit. Nothing. Now I'm real curious. (10 minutes later) Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa! September 2004, Episodes 4 5 and 6 on DVD. Awesome. Truly awesome. But I can't believe some of the shit I've seen on the "posting boards" about people hating Episode I and II. I just have this to say. You paid money to go see the movie, so basically you're saying "I support this movie and the people that made it". All I hear is people saying "I knew before I went to see the movies, I knew they were gonna suck". But you went anyway. It's sorta like the whole "Tycoon" explosion of video games. If the game sucks, but you still buy it, the programmers and publishers are going to continue put out CRAP for video games. Same for movies. If you go to a movie, and you think it's CRAP, then don't support that filmmaker again - it's that simple. Don't whine bitch and moan about. Oh.. sorry (stepping off of a virutal soapbox)

No comments: