Friday, September 19, 2008

Trip Details - sorta...

I'm really excited for the trip to Florida next year.

Moreso than any Florida trip I've taken over the past 10 years. I normally go by myself to Daytona for 2 weeks, hang out with my friends, and relax.

This year, it's different. It's the first "family" vacation I've taken since my family was all together. The last time I had a family vacation was back when I was in high school (1989-1990), and we went down to Florida and went to Disney.

This year, it's my new family. Well, new to the internet/blog world. Chuck, Heather, Charlie and Annie are my family. I might not be related to them, but they are the closest thing I have in the world that resembles a family.

So this trip is going to be cool. I'll be experiencing Disney World 3 ways. First, this will be the first time I've ever visited Florida and stayed on Disney Property. Normally, I would stay in Daytona, and then my friends and I would go to Disney (getting up at 5:00am and driving 1 1/2 hours to get there). This time, no driving, no waiting in long line, no paying for a rental car/parking. It's gonna be darn conveinient.

Second, I'll be experiencing the park for the first time in over 10 years. A lot has changed to WDW. Some rides have come and gone, some new attractions, heck - even a new park has opened up. And I'm going as an amateur photgrapher as well. Being able to take pictures is going to be awesome.

And thirdly (and kinda most importantly), I'll be experiencing Disney through the eyes of kids. Charlie and Annie have never been to an amusement park of this size. Charlie's been to Canobie Lake Park, but Disneys is on a scale that's exponentially larger and more grand. I'l never forget my first trip to Disney/EPCOT. It was an incredible, awe-inspiring feeling. To see the grandeur of the parks and the size of the buildings, I literally felt like I was walking into a new world, a new dimension. That the outside world didn't exist and there was something cool or surprising around every corner.

And now that Charlie and Annie will be able to experience it for the first time, I can get to experience it with them.

And maybe - just maybe - I'll feel like a kid again.

No comments: