Monday, September 22, 2008

WoW update!

Well it took over a year, but I finally hit 70 two weeks ago.

And now I'm trying to figure out the best way to make money, because I'd love to get my flying epic mount.

The pseudo-easy way is to run the daily quests in Shattrath and Quel'Danas. The Shattrath quests are fairly simple - and not that time consuming.

Quel'Danas on the other hand, is a pain in the ass. It's basically a free-for-all PVP area that guarantees someone will gank you within 5 minutes of leaving the main areas. But the monetary rewards for completing quests out there almost outweigh the constant dying.

Not only that, I decided to go back to the starting areas of Ironforge, Stormwind and Exodar and grinded rep with each of the factions. The starting quests are so easy it took me literally an hour to get through them, and the reputation bonuses (150-500 points) made it super easy to finally get Exalted status with all but the Gnomes. Why not the gnomes? Because I'm a Night Elf, I'm "too big" to ride the mechanical chickens. Oh well. No big deal - I now have epic riding mounts from 4 of the 5 major Alliance Factions. You know, I'm not really in a huge rush for my Flying Epic. With Lich King just around the corner, I'll be on my way to level 80 soon enough - I figure that I should be able to get more money once the expansion hits.

So for now, I'm going to try to grind reputation with some of the other factions (Argent Dawn comes to mind), and run dailies when I can, and just have fun now. Also try to level my Rogue up to 20 :)

No comments: